Well we tried it without moderation but it appears the forum is being used for pointless flame wars by a couple of old rivals. At some point I have to be mindful of the quality of the site and the potential for making other visitors uncomfortable. Monotreme just e-mailed me and said he thought it was enough and issued a warning. I fired my warning shot across the bow a day or two ago. So we’re going to try limited moderation. I will consult with everyone over a suitable set of guidelines but let me be clear; our time is just as valuable as yours to be spending it playing hall monitor. And once again I do not wish to create an echo chamber. I will not play favourites either. I’ve already zapped someone for making uncomplimentary comments about the spouse of a commenter who is probably 180 degrees my alter-Universe equivelent. So my suggestion for now is that you treat people on here like you would in public. Anyone who wants to disagree with our stated liberal views is welcome to do so but we will start sending the attacks, egrigious profanity, and any threats off into the aether.
Quote of the Week"He is, in fact, a big fraud, who doesn’t care at all about fiscal responsibility, and whose policy proposals are sloppy as well as dishonest. Of course, this means that he’ll fit in to the Romney campaign just fine."
— Paul Krugman on Paul Ryan
- @bdomenech Yeah but not nearly as long as the movie itself. Sheesh. 3 months ago
- Malarkey! wp.me/s1asLJ-malarkey 7 months ago
- @KeithOlbermann @jeremyscahill Where are you Kieth when we need a good special comment? 7 months ago
- Go Ahead and Get Wonky. We'll Wait wp.me/p1asLJ-1OA 7 months ago
- Yahctboating; the New Swiftboating? wp.me/p1asLJ-1NX 10 months ago