Quote of the Week"He is, in fact, a big fraud, who doesn’t care at all about fiscal responsibility, and whose policy proposals are sloppy as well as dishonest. Of course, this means that he’ll fit in to the Romney campaign just fine."
— Paul Krugman on Paul Ryan
- Talk about sticking the landing. @usairways #usairways 4 months ago
- No, @USAirways. I said Virginia. I wanted a ticket to Virginia. 4 months ago
- @allinwithchris Rolling Stone should have glamorized in a multi-cover series the people fighting to resume their lives after the bombing 1 year ago
- @allinwithchris Under what other circumstance would Djokhar Tsarnaev make the cover of Rolling Stone? #glamorizing terrorism 1 year ago
- @allinwithchris 1 year ago
Monthly Archives: January 2011
After World War II, the world returned to a place of equilibrium. The United States was experiencing a post-war boom in housing and manufacturing now that tanks, ships, and planes were no longer a priority. You could own a home and, … Continue reading
The lineup for this week’s Sunday news programs has already been impacted by changing events in Egypt. The following is the tentative lineup as of Saturday evening.
(Ed. note: We occasionally accept guest op-eds at 538 Refugees. In this case, it is from one of our right-leaning commenters. In the interest of fostering bi-partisanship, we present an article from regular commenter parksie555. — Mr. Universe) by Jim Parks This is … Continue reading
The big news this week was the State of the Union address. The President delivered a ‘sputnik moment’ speech where he implored us to reach new heights of productivity. A significant change this year in the SOTU address was the seating arrangement. … Continue reading
Many people, including several on this very site, have claimed that the Republicans don’t have a proposal for replacement of the PPACA. Those people are wrong. On the House Republican website, an official healthcare reform bill was posted during the 111th Congress. So, rather … Continue reading
2012 Contender Series: Sarah Palin In this corner… is an ongoing series looking into the viability of potential candidates for the 2012 Presidential race. (Editors Note: Palin officially declared her decision not to run for President on October 7th) This … Continue reading