Well we tried it without moderation but it appears the forum is being used for pointless flame wars by a couple of old rivals. At some point I have to be mindful of the quality of the site and the potential for making other visitors uncomfortable. Monotreme just e-mailed me and said he thought it was enough and issued a warning. I fired my warning shot across the bow a day or two ago. So we’re going to try limited moderation. I will consult with everyone over a suitable set of guidelines but let me be clear; our time is just as valuable as yours to be spending it playing hall monitor. And once again I do not wish to create an echo chamber. I will not play favourites either. I’ve already zapped someone for making uncomplimentary comments about the spouse of a commenter who is probably 180 degrees my alter-Universe equivelent. So my suggestion for now is that you treat people on here like you would in public. Anyone who wants to disagree with our stated liberal views is welcome to do so but we will start sending the attacks, egrigious profanity, and any threats off into the aether.
Update from the Editor538Refugees has been parked since the 2012 election. Given the current election activity commentary may resume however the site name and format will change and these articles will exist as an archive on the new site.
- @JewelStaite Alan took it pretty well, tho 1 year ago
- @JewelStaite Okay, that was just sad. In a funny kind of way 1 year ago
- @JewelStaite Could be worse. You could be baking a Wraith. 1 year ago
- @JewelStaite Your Dad died. I think we can forgive you. And we do. My prayers are with you 2 years ago
- @WillMcAvoyACN Ah the plot line from last week. Life really does imitate art. 2 years ago