Update 8:45AM PST
- Sarah Palin is the most popular of Republican candidates for President, among Republicans polled.
- Less-educated are more Palin-prone; more-educated people would rather have Romney.
- Palin is the runaway favorite of evangelicals.
- And yet, she would likely lose to Obama, unlike some other Republican candidates.
- Republicans would vote for pretty much anyone as long as it’s not Obama.
- Democrats would far prefer to keep Obama than to have another Democratic candidate for President in 2012.
- Self-described moderates far prefer Obama to Palin.
- Who are Tim Pawlenty, John Thune, Mitch Daniels, and Haley Barbour? Most of those polled have no idea who these people are. Not a surprise.
- Republicans have a favorable view of the Republican Party, and Democrats have a favorable view of the Democratic Party. And each has unfavorable views of the other.
- The more educated people are, the less they like either party.
- Republicans like the Tea Party, Democrat’s don’t, and Independents are split.
- Only 25% of Republicans consider themselves to be Teapers. 13% of Democrats do as well. Those numbers have been relatively steady since the spring.
Those are my observations. What are yours?