Seriously, whoever thinks up the tragically unhip names for these things needs to be sent into the theatre as the first line of offense. Obviously this is the biggest news of the day, so we might as well unpack it and see what 538 Refugees readers think about it.
This morning, French, British, Canadian, Italian, and US forces began the task of dismantling Libya’s air defense system after it became apparent that Gadhafi’s forces intended to take Benghazi despite the United Nation’s warning to cease fire. The US is playing more of a support role for other forces in the region.
So it’s happening, right or wrong. Head to the comments section and put in your 2¢.
- U.S. fires cruise missiles on Libyan air defenses (cbsnews.com)
- US begins assault against Libyan air defenses (thenewstribune.com)
- US Launches Strikes in Libya (Huffington Post)
- Official: U.S. fires on Libyan air defenses (cnn.com)
- UK forces ‘in action’ over Libya (bbc.co.uk)