(Red Right Returning is a look back at the activity of the past week of the Republican candidates in the 2012 primary. RRR is a nautical mnemonic for the side of the buoy or marker on which you should pilot your ship in order to stay in the channel. Feel free to voice your opinions on the candidates in the comment section.)
Fallout edition. The Ames poll in Iowa is over. Steven Colbert’s SuperPac appears to have boosted Rick Parry’s approval rating with its political ads. Ron Paul, second place winner in the Ames Straw Poll has been largely ignored by the media and the Republican party. Why? No one is entirely sure except that Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate left that sounds rational. And we can’t have that, can we?
The Republican party is so afraid of pissing off the Tea Party that they are willing to go where no Republican has gone before; so far right that it makes Jesus look like a flaming liberal.
Now, with Pawlenty gone and Perry in the mix, the Republican field is reduced to a confederacy of dunces. A couple are just down right crazy, most are clueless, one is a shield for deflecting Republican racism, and Sarah Palin is just…well, Sarah Palin. It’s a wonder there are this many seats in the clown car.
But, hey, the entertainment value is priceless. Grab the popcorn and let’s see what happens next week.
- First Read: Why was Ron Paul ignored after Iowa straw poll? (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Jon Stewart: Why is Everyone Still Ignoring Ron Paul? (yourdaddy.net)
- Late Returns: Ron Paul Gets Best Coverage From All The Coverage About His Lack Of Coverage (huffingtonpost.com)
- Are The Media Ignoring Ron Paul? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hold The Ron Paul Stuff (themoderatevoice.com)