The debate in New Hampshire appears to have gone to Mitt Romney. Not surprising since Romney has done a great deal of campaigning in the Granite State and only hours before the debate New Jersey Governor Chris Christie threw his support behind the former Massachusetts Governor.
There is a debate out west next week which could help Jon Huntsman but probably not. The Republican race is growing more narrow with each debate. Bachmann could still win Iowa. Romney will likely carry New Hampshire. South Carolina is probably Cain’s. So is Florida. Nevada? Anybody’s guess but Romney is the best bet.
January should be an interesting month but I think Mitt Romney is the Republican candidate as long as he keeps his mouth shut. Everybody else seems to be winning this for him.
- Mitt Romney With Solid Lead in New Hampshire (elections.firedoglake.com)
- Perry under pressure at Republican debate (msnbc.msn.com)
- Chris Christie endorsing Mitt Romney sets up debate theme: Get Mitt (sfgate.com)
- Chris Christie to jump aboard the Mitt Romney bandwagon with endorsement (dailykos.com)
- Romney Leads in Iowa and New Hampshire (politicalwire.com)