(Update July 19, 2011. Democrat Dave Hansen keeps his seat beating his challenger 69%. The next big day is August 9th when all six Republicans meet their fate)
The six ‘fake’ Democrats failed in their bid to unseat the challengers to the Republicans in the Wisconsin Recalls. The closest race was for Shelly Moore, a teacher and official in the state teachers union from River Falls. She’ll face popular Republican Sheila Harsdorf in the general election next month. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
One of the most prominent efforts was in Harsdorf’s 10th Senate District, where Jesse Garza, chairman of the St. Croix County Republican Party, sent out an email urging recipients to vote Tuesday, telling them a vote for Weix was the same as a vote for Harsdorf.
Moore was probably the Democrat most vulnerable to this tactic, as she didn’t have the name recognition the other Democrats did – all of them having run for or held a major office in their districts.
The next big day is July 19th with two Republican primaries and the general recall election for Sen. Dave Hansen.
- Six ‘Fake’ Democrats Fall, Setting Stage for GOP Recalls (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Democratic Recall Candidates Win over ‘Fake’ Republican Challengers (thisblksistaspage.com)
- Fake Democrats Lose in Wisconsin Primary Recalls (foxnews.com)
- Wisconsin Recall Elections: Six Fake Democrats Force Primaries In Recall Races (huffingtonpost.com)
- All ‘fake’ Democrats lose in Wis. primary recalls (msnbc.msn.com)
Pingback: Democratic Recall Candidates Win Over Fake Republican Challengers; Let the Campaigning Begin « This Black Sista's Page