The big news this week was the State of the Union address. The President delivered a ‘sputnik moment’ speech where he implored us to reach new heights of productivity.
A significant change this year in the SOTU address was the seating arrangement. Several members of congress decided to co-mingle with the other side of the aisle following last weeks Tucson Massacre and the call for civility. Also, Paul Ryan (R-IL) gave the rebuttal and Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) Gave a Tea Party themed rebuttal. We’ve written about the address on this blog. How about the rebuttals? It’s Friday, go for it.
Free Forum Fridays are an open discussion where commenters are invited to bring up topics that may not have been covered in the previous week. Got something on your mind? Throw your opinion out there.
- Michele Bachmann’s Response Is Crazytown (manolith.com)
- WATCH: Stewart Mocks GOP, Tea Party Rebuttals To State Of The Union (huffingtonpost.com)
- Move Over Sarah, February Belongs To Michele (themoderatevoice.com)
- SOTU Bores, Bachmann Riles, And For Some Reason, Christine O’Donnell Was Booked On Good Morning America: The Mediagasm (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Obama State of the Union address calls for greater innovation” and related posts (personalmoneystore.com)